Greetings farmOS followers!
File uploads are now available in farmOS sites hosted by Farmier!
This means you can now attach photos and other files to your assets and logs in your hosted farmOS site.
farmOS itself has supported file uploads since the very beginning, but since file storage has a cost, I started offering hosting with file uploads disabled. That kept things simple. But now that the infrastructure is in place and scalable, I can open it up once again!
Example use cases
Here are a few ways you can use file storage in farmOS:
- Take photos of your animals, equipment, plantings, etc.
- Record observations with your phone's camera out in the field.
- Attach medical records or breed documents to your animal records.
- Save all your soil test results.
- Import geodata from KML shape files.
- You name it!
Priced based on usage
Storage cost is 10 cents per gigabyte per month (USD), so it is minimal and is based on how much you use. If you don't have any need for file storage, it doesn't cost you anything.
If you are currently trialing farmOS, you will be able to upload 5 files to try it out. Activating your account removes this limit.
Give it a try! And stay tuned for some more big updates coming soon!