This release adds acreage/hectare calculation, bulk bed generation, and a number of other improvements and fixes.
- Update Drupal core
- Contrib project updates:
- Bootstrap Theme: https://www.drupal.org/node/2679044
- Bootstrap Tour: https://www.drupal.org/node/2680671
- Entity API: https://www.drupal.org/node/2689147
- EXIF Orientation: https://www.drupal.org/node/2698705
- Features: https://www.drupal.org/node/2692955
- RESTful Web Services: https://www.drupal.org/node/2697015
- Farm project updates:
- Farm Area: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705645
- Farm Asset: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705585
- Farm Crop: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705647
- Farm Equipment: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705649
- Farm Livestock: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705651
- Farm Log: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705659
- Farm Map: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705665
- Farm MapKnitter: https://www.drupal.org/node/2704997
- Farm Quantity: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705635
- Farm Sensor: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705669
- Farm Soil: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705591
- Farm Taxonomy: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705599
- Farm Theme: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705615
- #2680273: Allow zooming past Google Map limit
- Patch Openlayers to add a jQuery trigger event when popups are displayed.
- Use dev version of log module (temporarily until we move the log_plan View into farm_log itself).
- Remove modules (in preparation for Drupal 8 - see https://www.drupal.org/node/2361735):
- Filefield Paths
- Views Data Export
Up Next: Beta 12
This release reorganizes some of the menu hierarchy and makes the theme a little nicer. And there were a bunch of other little things.
- #2651444: Remove Backup & Migrate and Devel
- Uninstall Views Data Export and flag it for removal in the next release.
- Enable the Farm Soil NRCS module by default (to maintain status quo - but this will become optional later - see: https://www.drupal.org/node/2651400)
- Uninstall Filefield Paths and flag it for removal in the next release.
- Update Log module to 7.x-1.5: https://www.drupal.org/node/2657114
- Uninstall Panels and Page Manager and flag them for removal in the next release.
- Remove LoginToboggan.
- Patch Field Collection to fix array_filter() warnings.
- Add and install Markdown module.
- #2658234: Remove Markdown support
- Update Log module to 7.x-1.6: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661476
- Update and unpatch Field Collection.
- Update and unpatch Geocoder.
- Farm project updates:
- Farm Access: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661558
- Farm Admin:
- Farm Area: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661564
- Farm Asset: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661596
- Farm Crop: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661602
- Farm Equipment: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661604
- Farm Fields: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661606
- Farm Livestock: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661608
- Farm Log: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661612
- Farm Sensor: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661614
- Farm Soil: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661616
- Farm Taxonomy: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661618
- Farm Tour: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661620
- Farm Theme: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661622
Up Next: Beta 11
The farmOS documentation project is officially launched: http://docs.farmos.org
This is just a first step - documentation is always an ongoing process - and a vital part of any open source project. We will continue to add and refine the content alongside all new code development.
All content is stored and developed in a Git repository hosted on Github: https://github.com/farmOS/documentation
All pages are written in Markdown, and compiled into a static site with Mkdocs.
This release primarily fixes bugs and updates modules, but also makes some nice improvements to maps in mobile devices.
- #2641130: Secondary tours don't start automatically
- Patch Ctools module to fix Issue #2643108: Entity reference popup not centered in Linux
- #2643560: Adopt a development/release procedure in Drush make files
- Update contrib projects:
- Openlayers Geolocate Button
- Views GeoJSON
- Update farmOS sub-projects:
- Area: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643590
- Crop: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643592
- Equipment: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643594
- Livestock: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643596
- Log: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643598
- Map: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643602
- Sensor: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643604
- Soil: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643606
- Tour: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643586
- Theme: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643610
Next Up: Beta 10
- Reworked some of the initial README.md wording to direct folks to http://farmos.orgfor more general information.
- #2618074: Make it easier to find password reset page
- Update contrib modules: Filefield Paths, Log, Openlayers, Views
- Patch GeoPHP to use BCMath and recalculate all geofield metadata.
- Patch Openlayers to fix popup positioning bug.
- Update contrib theme: Bootstrap
- Update Farm modules and theme:
- Area: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629048
- Crop: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629050
- Equipment: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629054
- Fields: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629056
- Livestock: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629062
- Log: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629066
- Map: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629072
- Sensor: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629074
- Soil: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629076
- Tour: https://www.drupal.org/node/2608216
- Theme: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629080
Next up: Beta 9
Opensource.com did a piece of farmOS, as part of a collection of articles about the intersection of food and beverages with open source software, hardware, data, and more.
Read the article here: http://opensource.com/life/15/11/farmos-drupal-based-farm-management-sol...
Drupal 8 is the culmination of work from over 3000 contributors - and represents a major step for the open source Drupal project.
farmOS is built on Drupal 7, but we are excited to start upgrading to Drupal 8. We already have a roadmap in place. The biggest part will be helping to upgrade all of the contributed modules that farmOS is built upon. Luckily, a LOT of the modules that farmOS uses are included in Drupal 8 core! That means they're already done and ready to go. Most of the other modules that farmOS depends on already have a Drupal 8 version underway. Links to all the relevant initiatives are provided in our roadmap.
Once that's done, we can convert all of our farmOS-specific modules (and theme) to Druapal 8 as well. This part will be relatively painless, because we have followed the Drupal coding standards so closely - it helps to work with the community! We use Features a lot, which will convert nicely to the new Configuration Management system. And most of the other stuff is Entity API code that is actually EASIER to write in D8 than in D7. So we're looking good! And we're excited to get it done!
farmOS Drupal 8 roadmap: https://drupal.org/node/2361735
Cheers to everyone who made D8!