I will be presenting on farmOS at the 2017 NOFA Summer Conference in Amherst, Massachusetts. on August 12th at 1pm: http://nofasummerconference.org/session/farmos-open-source-farm-management-record-keeping-2/
There will also be a Farm Hack tent set up with farmOS demos for anyone interested in trying it out themselves.
Come say hi and learn more about the farmOS project!
This release adds acreage/hectare calculation, bulk bed generation, and a number of other improvements and fixes.
- Update Drupal core
- Contrib project updates:
- Bootstrap Theme: https://www.drupal.org/node/2679044
- Bootstrap Tour: https://www.drupal.org/node/2680671
- Entity API: https://www.drupal.org/node/2689147
- EXIF Orientation: https://www.drupal.org/node/2698705
- Features: https://www.drupal.org/node/2692955
- RESTful Web Services: https://www.drupal.org/node/2697015
- Farm project updates:
- Farm Area: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705645
- Farm Asset: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705585
- Farm Crop: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705647
- Farm Equipment: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705649
- Farm Livestock: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705651
- Farm Log: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705659
- Farm Map: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705665
- Farm MapKnitter: https://www.drupal.org/node/2704997
- Farm Quantity: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705635
- Farm Sensor: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705669
- Farm Soil: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705591
- Farm Taxonomy: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705599
- Farm Theme: https://www.drupal.org/node/2705615
- #2680273: Allow zooming past Google Map limit
- Patch Openlayers to add a jQuery trigger event when popups are displayed.
- Use dev version of log module (temporarily until we move the log_plan View into farm_log itself).
- Remove modules (in preparation for Drupal 8 - see https://www.drupal.org/node/2361735):
- Filefield Paths
- Views Data Export
Up Next: Beta 12
This release reorganizes some of the menu hierarchy and makes the theme a little nicer. And there were a bunch of other little things.
- #2651444: Remove Backup & Migrate and Devel
- Uninstall Views Data Export and flag it for removal in the next release.
- Enable the Farm Soil NRCS module by default (to maintain status quo - but this will become optional later - see: https://www.drupal.org/node/2651400)
- Uninstall Filefield Paths and flag it for removal in the next release.
- Update Log module to 7.x-1.5: https://www.drupal.org/node/2657114
- Uninstall Panels and Page Manager and flag them for removal in the next release.
- Remove LoginToboggan.
- Patch Field Collection to fix array_filter() warnings.
- Add and install Markdown module.
- #2658234: Remove Markdown support
- Update Log module to 7.x-1.6: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661476
- Update and unpatch Field Collection.
- Update and unpatch Geocoder.
- Farm project updates:
- Farm Access: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661558
- Farm Admin:
- Farm Area: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661564
- Farm Asset: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661596
- Farm Crop: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661602
- Farm Equipment: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661604
- Farm Fields: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661606
- Farm Livestock: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661608
- Farm Log: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661612
- Farm Sensor: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661614
- Farm Soil: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661616
- Farm Taxonomy: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661618
- Farm Tour: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661620
- Farm Theme: https://www.drupal.org/node/2661622
Up Next: Beta 11
The farmOS documentation project is officially launched: http://docs.farmos.org
This is just a first step - documentation is always an ongoing process - and a vital part of any open source project. We will continue to add and refine the content alongside all new code development.
All content is stored and developed in a Git repository hosted on Github: https://github.com/farmOS/documentation
All pages are written in Markdown, and compiled into a static site with Mkdocs.
This release primarily fixes bugs and updates modules, but also makes some nice improvements to maps in mobile devices.
- #2641130: Secondary tours don't start automatically
- Patch Ctools module to fix Issue #2643108: Entity reference popup not centered in Linux
- #2643560: Adopt a development/release procedure in Drush make files
- Update contrib projects:
- Openlayers Geolocate Button
- Views GeoJSON
- Update farmOS sub-projects:
- Area: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643590
- Crop: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643592
- Equipment: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643594
- Livestock: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643596
- Log: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643598
- Map: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643602
- Sensor: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643604
- Soil: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643606
- Tour: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643586
- Theme: https://www.drupal.org/node/2643610
Next Up: Beta 10
- Reworked some of the initial README.md wording to direct folks to http://farmos.orgfor more general information.
- #2618074: Make it easier to find password reset page
- Update contrib modules: Filefield Paths, Log, Openlayers, Views
- Patch GeoPHP to use BCMath and recalculate all geofield metadata.
- Patch Openlayers to fix popup positioning bug.
- Update contrib theme: Bootstrap
- Update Farm modules and theme:
- Area: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629048
- Crop: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629050
- Equipment: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629054
- Fields: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629056
- Livestock: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629062
- Log: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629066
- Map: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629072
- Sensor: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629074
- Soil: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629076
- Tour: https://www.drupal.org/node/2608216
- Theme: https://www.drupal.org/node/2629080
Next up: Beta 9
Opensource.com did a piece of farmOS, as part of a collection of articles about the intersection of food and beverages with open source software, hardware, data, and more.
Read the article here: http://opensource.com/life/15/11/farmos-drupal-based-farm-management-sol...